BeagleBoard.org®’s PocketBeagle® development board is now available worldwide from Digi-Key Electronics, a full-service global distributor of electronic components.
PocketBeagle® is an ultra-tiny-yet-complete open-source USB-key-fob computer. PocketBeagle® features an incredible low-cost slick design and simple usage, making it the ideal development board for beginners and professionals alike.
PocketBeagle® is based on the new Octavo Systems OSD3358-SM 21mm x 21mm system-in-package (SIP) that includes 512MB DDR3 RAM, 1-GHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, 2x 200-MHz PRUs, ARM Cortex-M3, 3D accelerator, power/battery management and EEPROM. The ability to purchase the Octavo SIP independently offers flexibility to expand your BeagleBoard.org® BeagleBone® design into any custom application without the need tackle complex design hurtles such as the DDR3 memory, allowing for rapid development to production.
- Low-cost Linux computer with tremendous expansibility
- Opportunity to learn many programming aspects from educators online
- Openness and flexibility: tear down limits on your imagination
- 72 expansion pin headers with power and battery I/Os
- 8 analog inputs
- 44 digital I/Os and numerous digital interface peripherals
- microUSB host/client and microSD connectors
- Debian GNU/Linux images customized for BeagleBone®
- Cloud9 IDE on Node.js w/ BoneScript library
- Any BeagleBone Black software not needing access to unavailable expansion pins
For more information about the PocketBeagle®, please visit the Digi-Key website.