Rugged 958A DC Link Capacitor Provides Long Life under Extreme Operating Conditions with High Current and Low ESR
New Yorker Electronics, franchise distributor for Electrocube, has announced the release of the new Electrocube 958A Series of High Current DC Link Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitors. Created with high-grade materials, the 958A capacitor series is designed for engineers in need of long life in high current power inverter applications under extreme operating conditions.
In applications such as EV power conversion, aircraft power systems, battery chargers and other high pulse applications, the 958A offers high current and reliability in a high-impact polymer case for insulation and durability. The Electrocube capacitor 958A series is a rugged, non-inductively wound metallized polypropylene DC link capacitor that is rated at 100,000 hours at 70°C. And with its high current and low WSR, it’s an ideal replacement for an electrolytic capacitor.
Electrocube also specializes in custom design and manufacturing. The 958A has options for customizable insulating sleeves, mountings, special terminals, non-standard leads, circuit connections and other hardware. It is available in assorted styles, ratings and customization for unusual requirements necessitated by special circuit applications (including higher IR or lower DF). The 958A capacitors are also available in threaded insert or terminal studs.
Founded in 1961, Electrocube is one of the most respected design manufacturers of passive electrical components – film capacitors, RC Networks, EMI Filters and foil transformers – for a wide range of standard and custom applications in the aerospace, audio, elevator, heavy equipment industries and more. Electrocube’s hallmark is its clear understanding of the challenges faced by design engineers and purchasing agents.
Features & Benefits:
- Extended electrode construction
- Tolerances available to ±5%, ±10%
- Polymer case & dry construction
- Epoxy Resin endfills meet or exceed flammability requirements of UL94V0
- RoHS and Non-RoHS available on most units
- May be used for frequencies up to 100 KHz
- Customizable insulating sleeves, mountings, special terminals, non-standard leads, circuit connections and other hardware
- Assorted styles, ratings and customization for unusual requirements necessitated by special circuit applications (including higher IR or lower DF)
- EV Power Conversion
- Aircraft Power Systems
- Battery Chargers
- High Pulse Applications