Need to save some space? RVE45 from Ebm-papst is the solution – the compact fan in the size of a tennis ball is armed with a high-efficient EC motor (up to nominal 38,000 rpm) with an air flow of up to 513 l/min. The vibration-damping material used in the fan provides extraordinary quiet performance.
“The RV45 fan was developed by Ebm-papst for use in medical breathing devices and later has been further developed for use in industrial applications ,”says Pavol Buhla, SOS electronic product specialist manager.
Centrifugal fan RVE45 from ebm-papst
The main pride of the RVE45 fan is its extremely dynamic EC motor offering fast and at the same time reliable switching between high-pressure mode and significantly reduced-pressure mode. The high speed – up to 38,000 rpm – provides the required performance. Maintenance-free ball bearing, vibration-damping materials and excellent aerodynamics ensure quiet operation for many years.
The product is manufactured in 2 models:
- RVE45-3/54/2P – 24 Vdc supply, 513 l/min air flow
- RVE45-3/52/2P – 12 Vdc supply, 450 l/min air flow
Motor, connection, and construction
Unlike the RV45 series, the RVE45 series already has integrated control electronics. Speed is controlled by a PWM signal or analog voltage. There is also an output signal to inform you of the actual speed.
- special strong magnets used
- very compact thanks to the new design
- lightweight rotor for highly dynamic operation – it can accelerate up to 80 revolutions per millisecond
- it is quiet at a given performance – 58 dB (A) minimal vibrations – dynamic balancing of the impeller-motor unit
- blade geometry is optimized for aerodynamics, the rotor can withstand high pressures and up to 38,000 rpm
- very simple – 4 wires with free-end
- easy to fasten in the application with screws
- case optimized for noise reduction
5 key areas where to use the RVE45 fan
“Due to its properties, this centrifugal fan is especially suitable for the applications where a dynamic air supply at high static pressure is required. The extremely compact fan, about the size of a tennis ball, is therefore suitable for applications such as fuel cells, smoke detection systems or packaging machines,” continues Pavol Buhla.
The 5 main areas that are mentioned below represent in what kind of applications you can already find the RVE45 fan:
- vacuum lifters,
- breathing masks (eg in a paint shop), which can also be powered by a battery,
- hospital beds with anti-decubitus mattresses,
- dust extractor in nail studio,
- production of bubble wrap.
“It is already clear at first glance that dynamics are needed in many of these applications. However, the RVE45 centrifugal fan can change speeds from 0 to 38,000 rpm in less than 500 ms. And active braking means that the fan can achieve similar dynamics also when reducing speed,” concludes Buhla in a review of the new product from ebm-papst.
For further information on RVE45 series fans or other ebm-papst products, contact the SOS electronic sales representative in your region or send an email to email@example.com
If you are interested more in videos, you can watch it here RVE45 DC centrifugal fan from ebm papst
Are you looking for quick product information on social media? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook.